collapse

A Message to ALL Chatters about BOS and BOBB Bans - Clarification

Started by MaTriX, January 23, 2020, 01:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaTriXTopic starter

Hello All

There seems to be some lack of understanding about these bans which are set by Admin. So I will clarify ... any user on a BOS will be banned on site as soon as an IRCop is around or a chanop, without warning. However, BOS bans are NOT set for life (unless the user is a pedo or scammer), they are set for a period which will be determined by the IRCops. The reason for this is simple, every user, no matter who they are, should be given an opportunity to alter their behaviour and to allow that opportunity BOS bans WILL be lifted. Should they revert back to unacceptable behaviour then the ban will be re-applied. Today, a BOS ban was lifted for that reason and immediately 1 or 2 users objected to it being, well sorry, like any normal human being they ARE allowed to have that opportunity whether its liked or not. Maybe try to put yourself i n their position and you were the one on BOS, I am sure you would like another opportunity to chat again.

The same rule applies to other bans like BOBB (Ban On Bad Behaviour) exactly as above

Hope this is clear, we are NOT going to re-apply a BOS ban just because another user or users may not like it, won't happen.

Thanks

MaTriX
Admin Team
Are you feeling lucky? Are you?

Magpie^

Matrix, most of us do not consistently harass others with racism, malice and spite. Any intelligent person would understand the consequence of such is exclusion, and such consistency would result in total exclusion.
His behaviour resulted in him being BOS, what about the hurt and distress he causes other chatters ... it is seemingly less important than his 'redemption'. Why does a 40+ year old male not understand how NOT to behave and how to NOT treat people? And why are others expected to tolerate it? This is like being in a primary school play yard... and the bullies win every time. There wont be much learning happening with that chatter, but perhaps, one day, YOU might learn.

TNTease

Magpie^,

It is true that the majority of chatters do not consistently harass others.  And yes, one might think a grown person should understand that there are consequences for harassing others and violating the rules of wherever you happen to be.  But if we permanently banned EVERYONE who stepped out of line more than once, there would be very few chatters.  Not only because almost everyone gets upset or loses their temper or misplaces their 'good intentions' every now and then, but because even the people who almost never make a misstep would likely not feel comfortable in such an environment that cuts off people who seem to repeatedly forget themselves.  We all know that chat tends to be a place for people to let off steam, and get a little crazy now and then.  You are a veteran chatter yourself, and you know that you cannot hang out in a chat network environment and be a marshmallow that melts at the slightest heat.  Most chatters quickly learn to grow a bit thicker skin, or we will be tortured.  As far as others being "expected to tolerate it", far from it.  Even when there is no moderator to deal with inappropriate behavior, you still have options you can turn to.  You have been around long enough to know the "iggy it" mantra.  There are several options available for chatters to be pro-active in dealing with a rude chatter so they don't have to read their content, from using an ignore command, to a silence command, to even the plain old-fashioned "pretend they aren't there" so that you don't give "bullies" the satisfaction of getting to you.

We have a fair number of chatters who were considered rude, harassing, inappropriate, and unsavory on the old network.  And we are aware of certain 'factions' currently in play, but for the most part, even many of the old "trolls" have grown up a bit and become more tolerable.  Yes WE have learned, and we continue to learn.  One of the things we have learned is that while there will always be those we wish we didn't have to deal with, there are also those who DO eventually Learn the value of changing and adapting to a more appropriate way of enjoying the text chat experience.

And as always, anyone who feels they cannot settle into this form of entertainment, or who feels this is not the network that best suits them, is certainly free to find a place or venue that better suits them.

Thank you for your feedback,

TNTease
Admin Team

MaTriXTopic starter

I find I need to reply to your post Magpie

Firstly, I agree with everything said in reply by TNT

You will have noticed in my actual first post I gave absolutely no indication whatsoever as to who I was referring to in any room but in your reply you have made it pretty obvious who the user is, albeit you have just about managed to leave the name or nick of the person involved. Lets be clear, my post was referring to ANY BOS which is applied by an IRCop on the network. We are not going to use a public viewable part of the forum to start shaming people.

Whilst everyone has the right to a point of view and a healthy debate it's important to keep the original point of the post in perspective, which is about the way we operate the BOS system.

If you want to go into a more "personal" perspective then please feel free to come and talk to me privately or to any other members of the Admin team.

Thanks

MaTriX
Admin Team

GreenEyes

I believe any BOS is at the discretion of the IRCOps and has no business whatsoever being up for discussion from us everyday chatters. I have been witness in the room a time of two to everyday chatters giving opinions or thoughts to Ops about someone else's BOS, I have seen their opinions listened to and acted on as well as handled appropriately. I trust the Ops know what they are doing. My suggestion would be just have fun chatting and use the ignore button so everyone else can enjoy chat as well.

MaTriXTopic starter

Quote from: GreenEyes on January 26, 2020, 01:20:32 PM
My suggestion would be just have fun chatting and use the ignore button so everyone else can enjoy chat as well.

Well said!!!

Ronald Weasley

I am new so, most likely I am doing this wrong.  If so please forgive me.   I need to talk to someone that knows a bit about "Patreon"  not as a creator but a game fan.  Anybody know anything about Adult games by Patreon please give me a holler.

Important Links

Our Network Team

IRCops:                   

HB - ChanOps Training Admin
MaTriX - Radio & DJ's Admin
TNTease - ICQ-Chat Co-Owner
Yusif  - ICQ-Chat Owner

BotOps:

Jake
Nathan

ChanOps:

Devilish
inca
SaSSyGiRL

Radio DJs:

nayfee - Radio Lead
Quirky
Chilly

Wanna get to know more about our Network Team including pictures?
Take a look here!

You are banned or need other Assisstance? Click on the Support Button.

In Memoriam

> MarkAus61
> SatmanUK
> Gandalf
> DeJaVOoo
> Blinx
> Aussie_Lady
> Maxim
> Frenchie
> Kaytee
> Manati