collapse

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Chit Chat / test
« Last post by magic_dragon on Today at 03:30:48 AM »
hey all the tumor is growing and im not sure what the biopsy says yet but i need to figure out what too do
Chit Chat / Some info about Diabetes and the Keto Diet
« Last post by TNTease on September 18, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »
You will find a lot of info on the internet regarding the Keto Diet and it's effects on Diabetes.  You will also find some conflicting information that will tell you that the Keto Diet is not so good for you in the long run, but I think this is mostly outdated information, as many studies have now been are are now being conducted on the effects of a low-carb/high-fat diet, and it seems to be looking like a healthier lifestyle, from the info I have seen.

As with all things though, do your own research, and talk to your Dr.

The following quotes and information are some things I have found regarding Diabetes and the Keto Diet that might be useful information to you.
------------------- 

The Keto Diet and Diabetes:

Diabetes -
a disease in which the body’s ability to produce or respond to the hormone insulin is impaired, resulting in abnormal metabolism of carbohydrates and elevated levels of glucose in the blood and urine.

"Diabetes is a chronic condition associated with abnormally high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. Insulin produced by the pancreas lowers blood glucose. Absence or insufficient production of insulin, or an inability of the body to properly use insulin causes diabetes."

"The two types of diabetes are referred to as type 1 and type 2. Former names for these conditions were insulin-dependent and non-insulin-dependent diabetes, or juvenile onset and adult onset diabetes."

---

"Insulin is a hormone that helps the body control levels of blood sugar, or glucose. If blood sugar stays above normal for long periods of time, it becomes a condition called hyperglycemia that can lead to serious health problems. This is the hallmark of diabetes.

In type 1 diabetes, hyperglycemia develops because the pancreas does not make enough insulin. In type 2 diabetes, organs and tissues lose their ability to respond to insulin. The pancreas tries to compensate by making more insulin, but eventually this is not enough and leads to hyperglycemia."

---

https://www.healthline.com/health/type-2-diabetes-ketogenic-diet

"With the keto diet, your body converts fat, instead of sugar, into energy. The diet was created in 1924 as a treatment for epilepsy, but the effects of this eating pattern are also being studied for type 2 diabetes. The ketogenic diet may improve blood glucose (sugar) levels while also reducing the need for insulin. However, the diet does come with risks, so make sure to discuss it with your doctor before making drastic dietary changes."
-------

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317431.php

"The [Keto] diet recommends that people eat 30 grams (g) of carbohydrates or below per day.
The goal is to eat 3 to 4 g of fat for every 1 g of carbohydrate and protein."

"A ketogenic diet helps some people with type 2 diabetes because it allows the body to maintain glucose levels at a low but healthy level. The reduced amount of carbohydrates in the diet helps eliminate large spikes in blood sugar, reducing the need for insulin."

---

Some other information to consider:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/the-perfect-treatment-for-diabetes-and-weight-loss
[Dr. Jason Fung, a nephrologist who regularly treats diabetics]

Is the Diet Different Between Type 1 & 2 Diabetes?
[Dr. Berg is a big fan of the Keto Diet, but do consider that he is a Chiropractor by training.]

Reversing Type 2 Diabetes Naturally: 3 Inexpensive Foods You Should Know About

Reversing Type 2 diabetes starts with ignoring the guidelines | Sarah Hallberg | TEDxPurdueU
Chit Chat / Re: Jake's American Couple
« Last post by TNTease on September 17, 2018, 09:37:44 PM »
the zipline pic is on the gallery in the chatters area. Wasn't quite sure where to put it so ....lol
« Last post by JakeUK on September 17, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
they are pretty awesome boots!!  lol  did you buy him the hat also ? :P   wheres the ziplining pic ???? lol :P

No, I bought the hat!

The zip lining pic is up apparently somewhere, I think TNT put it on the gallery
« Last post by Devilish on September 16, 2018, 05:42:15 PM »
they are pretty awesome boots!!  lol  did you buy him the hat also ? :P   wheres the ziplining pic ???? lol :P
Chit Chat / Jake's American Couple
« Last post by MaTriX on September 16, 2018, 12:39:56 PM »
Jake taking a photo of an American couple who have invited him to Washington in October for a work experience few weeks working in the Senate (please note the EXPENSIVE boots Jake has on which I had to pay for in NY!!)
Chit Chat / test
« Last post by magic_dragon on September 10, 2018, 06:05:49 PM »
i am having a biopsy done on the 13th of sept i will have someone call tntease and let her know how things went thank you my friends
Network News & Announcements / WebChat Update - Sept. 09
« Last post by Chris on September 09, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »
Hey there Webchatters of ICQ-Chat!

Today I've updated our Webchat to the latest version of KiwiIRC! If there's anything bothering you on it please make sure to contact me via PM!

So far we are only aware of one issue which has been forwarded to the developers of KiwiIRC: Kick messages are not shown.

Hope you like the update!

Cheers, Chris
Ankündigungen der Admins / Wir suchen Moderatoren für den Channel #Germany!
« Last post by Chris on September 03, 2018, 10:56:38 PM »
Liebe Chatter von ICQ-Chat,

schließe dich dem großen ICQ-Chat ChanOps Online Team an – nicht nur als ChanOp, sondern auch als echter Mitstreiter. ICQ-Chat wächst jeden Tag und somit auch die Community.
Aus diesem Grund suchen wir jetzt engagierte Mitstreiter für die Community-Betreuung als deutschsprachrige Moderatoren aka. ChanOPs.

Wonach wir suchen:

- Du bist mindestens 18 Jahre alt
- Du kannst anderen Chattern Tipps rund um den Chat geben und es macht Dir Spaß zu helfen
- Du moderierst gerne, bist diplomatisch und gerecht
- Du hast ca. 10 Stunden in der Woche Zeit (Mo. bis So., du hast freie Zeiteinteilung)
- Du hast Verantwortungsbewusstsein, bist souverän und kritikfähig
- Deine Teamfähigkeit, Loyalität und Verschwiegenheit runden Deinen Steckbrief ab
- Du kannst deutsch lesen und schreiben
- Du beherrschst die Basic-IRC Befehle
- Du nutzt mIRC als Programm zum Chatten (unsere Programme sind alle für mIRC geschrieben)

Erfahrungen als Moderator in anderen Chats wären natürlich toll, sind aber nicht Pflicht. Wir sind ein gutes und nettes Team und nehmen jeden Neuankömmling herzlich auf. Hier ein kleiner Ausschnitt der zukünftigen Tätigkeiten:

- Du setzt die Chatregeln durch
- Du repräsentierst das Team nach außen
- Du stehst den Usern im Hilfechannel mit Rat und Tat zur Seite
- Du moderierst den Chat nach bestem Wissen und Gewissen
- Gegebenenfalls musst Du auch mal User zurechtweisen und/oder verwarnen

Wie kannst Du Dich bewerben?

Deine hohe Aktivität im Chat sind natürlich zunächst die beste Bewerbung. Doch damit wir uns ein Bild über Dich machen können, freuen wir uns über eine kurze Bewerbung per Formular auf dem HelpDesk mit folgenden Inhalten:

- Wie gut sprichst Du Deine Muttersprache?
- Wie gut sind Deine Englischkenntnisse
- Wie lautet Dein richtiger Name?
- Wie lautet Dein IRC-Nick?
- Wie alt bist Du?
- Woher kommst Du (Herkunft/Wohnort)?
- Zu welcher Zeit bist Du in der Regel online?
- Was genau ist Deine Motivation dafür, Moderator zu werden?
- Beschreib Dich in einem kurzen Text (Inhalt: alles, was uns etwas über Dich erzählt, damit wir uns ein Bild von Dir machen können).

Na, neugierig geworden? Dann bewirb dich auf unserem HelpDesk!

Chit Chat / Re: Exam Results
« Last post by Everly on August 30, 2018, 07:27:28 AM »
Hello to my favourite bratty in the IRC world; Jake!

I am impressed by your study accomplishments. Well done young man! I have no doubt whatsoever that you will excel in your final exams, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Important Links

* Check out our new Tool!

We have created a small tool for mIRC which allows you to easily report users who violate our Rules (without entering #help).

English version
  Deutsche Version

Our Network Team

IRCops:                     

Chris - Technical Administrator
Desolator - Technical Assistant
HB - ChanOps Training Lead
MaTriX - Radio & DJ's Team Lead
TNTease - ICQ-Chat Co-Owner
Yusif  - ICQ-Chat Owner

BotOps:

Daxx

ChanOps:

Aussie_Lady
Devilish
catalyst
magic_dragon
inca 
Nathan

OpHelpers:                       

chantal

Radio DJs:

Chris
Devilish
Desolator
Maxim
MaTriX
Nathan
TNTease

You are banned or need other Assisstance? Click on the Support Button.