collapse

Things are not always about you (heartwarming story)

Started by TNTease, April 20, 2018, 12:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNTeaseTopic starter

So this morning, someone sent me a link to a message thread on Twitter. I don't pay much attention to Twitter, although I do have an account there I glance at from time to time.  When I clicked the link and read the story, I felt it was worth sharing.

The story is from Thomas McFall on Twitter. I don't know him.  But I appreciate that he posted this event from his life.

QuoteHey guys, I know I usually just post shitty jokes on my Twitter but bear with me because I wanted to share something.

So in one of my Management classes I sit in the same seat in the front every day. Every single day I sit there.

Now, I also sit next to some foreign guy that barely speaks English. The most advanced thing I've heard this guy say in English is "Wow, my muffin is really good".

This guy also has a habit of stacking every item he owns in the exact space I sit. His bag, his food, his books, and his phone are ALWAYS right on my desk space.

Now, every single time I walk into class this guy says "Ah, Tom. You here. Okay." And starts frantically clearing my desk of his belongings. He then makes it a habit to say "Ready for class, yeah?" And gives me a high five. Every day this guy gives me a high five.

I was ALWAYS annoyed with this guy. I'm thinking "Dude, you know I sit in this seat every day. Why are you always stacking your shit here? And the last thing I want to do is give a guy who barely speaks my language high fives at 8 in the morning"

But today I came to class and was running a few minutes late. I'm standing outside because I had to send a quick text. I could see my usual space through the door out of the corner of my eye. Of course, my desk was filled with his belongings. The usual.

As I'm standing there on my phone another guy who was also late walks into the class before me and tried to take my seat since it's closest to the door.

The guy sitting next to me stops this dude from sitting down and says "I'm sorry. My good friend Thomas sits here."

It was then that I realized this guy wasn't putting stuff on my seat to annoy me. He was saving me the seat every morning.

And this whole time he saw me as a friend but I was too busy thinking about myself to take him into consideration.

Cheesy as it sounds, I was touched.

I ended up going into class and of course he cleared the seat and said "Ah, Tom. You here. Okay." And I did get a high five.

At the end of class I ended up asking him if he wanted to get a bite to eat with me. We did. And we talked for a while. I got through the broken English

The guy moved here from the Middle East to pursue a college education in America. He plans to go back after he gets his degree. He's got two kids and a wife. He works full time and sends his all his left over money back home to his wife.

I asked him how he liked America as well. He said he misses his family but it's exciting to be here. He also said "Not every American is nice to me like you are, Tom."

I bought lunch, of course. Dude deserves it. He gave me a high five for buying lunch. Gotta keep up tradition.

Yusif

Ah !!  "TNTease. You here. Okoy"   high five

my heartwarming now  8) ;D

TNTeaseTopic starter

^5 Yusif, lol
Glad so many have said they enjoyed the story :)

MichaelExemy

This is a popular "get to know each other" type of thread on many forums.

So, tell us about you. You dont have to if you dont feel comfortable to
Sport nutrition here: https://www.sportzfuel.com/

Important Links

Our Network Team

IRCops:                   

HB - ChanOps Training Admin
MaTriX - Radio & DJ's Admin
TNTease - ICQ-Chat Co-Owner
Yusif  - ICQ-Chat Owner

BotOps:

Jake
Nathan

ChanOps:

Devilish
inca
SaSSyGiRL

Radio DJs:

nayfee - Radio Lead
Quirky
Chilly

Wanna get to know more about our Network Team including pictures?
Take a look here!

You are banned or need other Assisstance? Click on the Support Button.

In Memoriam

> MarkAus61
> SatmanUK
> Gandalf
> DeJaVOoo
> Blinx
> Aussie_Lady
> Maxim
> Frenchie
> Kaytee
> Manati