collapse

Author Topic: Important Notice regarding the Future of ICQ-Chat  (Read 284 times)

Offline Chris

• Technical Administrator
  • IRCOps
Important Notice regarding the Future of ICQ-Chat
« on: April 13, 2019, 09:09:39 PM »
Friends and Patrons of ICQ-Chat! Today I'm coming to your with a new message from the technical department.
For those who don't know me, I'm Chris, Technical Administrator of ICQ-Chat. I'm the reason some things work...and some don't! (LOL)

Let me tell you what we've been up to recently:

Even though you often may not notice, we are working hard in the background to give you the the best Network we can, both Technically and Community-wise. If I remember right we added the report System to ICQ-Chat almost a half year ago and it has been a popular and useful addition! If you do not know what the reporting-System does you should definitely look at it now, it's a huge improvement for our Users and our Operators.

The current feedback on the improvements to our Webchat have shown me that it's definitely worth putting time, frustration and a lot of love into ICQ-Chat as we move forward. After working on this feature for a long time it's now live and ready for use: You can select your Gender, Age and Location in the Webchat. The Webchat will have different colors for male and female. All other Webchat Users will also see the Age of the other Chatter (if entered on Login!) and the location as well.  A few of you are gonna say: Okay, but that's not helping me,... i'm using mIRC...well, no problem! There's something for mIRC planned that will enable ALL mIRC Users on ICQ-Chat to use this feature too!

I also want to announce that we're currently working on a New Website for a much greater user experience, it's going be entirely mobile friendly, you will be able to manage your Account, Profile Picture, Gallery and everything else that could come to your mind directly from there!

We have also noticed our Radio is becoming more and more popular, so we're also adding an entire Radio Stadion Website with Charts, DJs, Music News and much more - definitely stay tuned!

The Webchat changes have already been added on the Webchat available at https://chat.icq-chat.com / https://chat.deutscher-chat.de yet -- please make sure to clear your cache for those sites - that should fix it ;)

I hope that all these new functions are going be used and liked too! If you have any other nice Ideas how to improve your favorite Network PLEASE send me your feedback using the discussion forums.
Of course I will respond to all Feedback personally!! Feedback is something really important to me and to us as team- YOU Users are our POWER SOURCE and we want to make you a great stay.

Thanks for reading and hope to catch you on ICQ-Chat soon!

Chris
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:44:46 PM by Chris »
You like what you read? Make sure to like this post by clicking on the -icon above!

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards or via our Support Desk Thank you.

People liking this post: MaTriX, Daxx, Devilish, Maxim, jessi, Nathan

Offline MaTriX

• IRCOps
Re: Important Notice regarding the Future of ICQ-Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 10:41:16 PM »
Well done Chris, BIG Kudos to u!!!!

People liking this post: Chris

Important Links

* Check out our new Tool!

We have created a small tool for mIRC which allows you to easily report users who violate our Rules (without entering #help).

English version
  Deutsche Version

Our Network Team

IRCops:                     

Chris - Technical Administrator
Desolator - Technical Assistant
HB - ChanOps Training Lead
MaTriX - Radio & DJ's Team Lead
TNTease - ICQ-Chat Co-Owner
Yusif  - ICQ-Chat Owner

BotOps:

Daxx

ChanOps:

Aussie_Lady
Devilish
magic_dragon
inca 
jessi
Scarecrow

#Help OpHelpers:

Chantal
jake

Radio DJs:

Maxim
Nathan
Axarn
Goofus-Ninja

Wanna get to know more about our Network Team including pictures?
Take a look here!

You are banned or need other Assisstance? Click on the Support Button.

In Memoriam

> MarkAus61
> SatmanUK
> Gandalf