collapse

Author Topic: searching for an ICQ friend from 2000  (Read 98 times)

Offline Elizabeth M

searching for an ICQ friend from 2000
« on: June 22, 2020, 02:44:31 PM »
I need some help trying to locate a friend I had 20 yrs ago on ICQ who went by Faust. I have no clue what my old info is (don't use any old email addresses anymore that I would have used to start the acct so long ago) so I started a brand new account and immediately found a 'Faust' on icq messenger, (but not here in the forums), it lists him on messenger as being on 'a long time ago'. There is a 'call' button but I can't find any info on location or who this person is other than Faust@faust so how do I even know it's who I'm looking for? This new ICQ is so foreign to me... I'm not sure how to use it or to search for my friend from long ago... HELP!

Offline MaTriX

Re: searching for an ICQ friend from 2000
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »
Hi There

Well first thing, we don't have anyone by that nick on our network, of course that doesn't mean your old friend isn't around, a lot of users tend to change their nicks.

If you join our main chatroom called #chat you will see that is where the majority of users hang out. If you join #help one of our team will try to help you further there if they are available.

If you look on this board you will see that you can directly enter the chat via our webchat

Sorry that we cannot help you any further to find your old friend but we wish you luck anyway in your search, bear in mind that they may have decided to break off from chat or ICQ altogether.

Thanks

MaTriX
Admin

Users who like this post: Yusif, Elizabeth M

Offline Elizabeth M

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 04:29:30 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply... i wish there was a way to look up the old/original users. The icq new messenger shows there is a user Faust@Faust and shows a telephone button to 'call' but does not show number, and just makes a buzzing sound (kind of like a phone ringing?) but my call is not answered. It says last login for Faust as being 'a long time ago'. I guess I just don't know how all this works and am grasping at any possible connection to my old friend.

Offline MaTriX

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 07:08:21 PM »
This site has no connection to ICQ Messenger I'm afraid, ICQ-Chat as we are known is a completely different entity

MaTriX
Admin

Important Links

Our Network Team

In Memoriam

> MarkAus61
> SatmanUK
> Gandalf